Marine growth prevention
Marine growth prevention for sea water pipework is easy and economical to install, Cathelco MGPS systems have been installed on more than 50,000 ships worldwide. Designed to eliminate blockages in seawater cooling lines caused by barnacles and mussels, the systems are available for vessels of every size including mini-systems for luxury yachts.
Key featurs of the Cathelco marine growth prevention systems
- Based on the electrolytic principle, providing continuous and reliable protection without the use of chemicals
- A dual system combining pipework anti-fouling and corrosion suppression. A range of control panels and anodes to suit vessels of every size.
- Every system custom designed for its particular application ensuring greater effectiveness.
- Automatic operation – requires minimal attention and makes very little demands on crew time.
- Easy installation – anodes can be installed in seachests or strainers at newbuilding or retrofit.
- Environmentally friendly – does not involve the use of chlorine based chemicals or carcinogens.
- Approved by classification societies.
Read more on Cathelco web site