Padding top: normal
Padding bottom: normal
Controller’s Contact Details
Purpose and Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
Evac only processes personal data that is necessary for a specific, explicit and lawful purpose. In connection with our marketing activities, we mainly process personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing, promoting, and developing our products and services, which may include marketing and advertising our products and services, such as targeted marketing via LinkedIn, sending electronic newsletters, and managing customer relationships;
- Fulfilling your requests, which may include responding to your communications or inquiries, interacting with you on social media, and registering you for Evac-hosted or sponsored events;
- Improving our website, customer relationships, and experiences;
- Carrying out our internal business purposes, such as corporate transactions, to conduct research and analytics about your use and interaction with us, assess the performance of our advertisements and marketing, optimize our advertising and marketing campaigns, and determine the effectiveness of our communications; and
- Complying with applicable law and responding to requests and communications from data protection authorities or other government officials.
The processing of your personal data is always based on one or more of the following legal bases:
- Your consent. We may rely on the consent that you provide us at the point of collection of your personal data to use such information for the purposes outlined herein. For example, you may have agreed to receive marketing materials, such as our electronic newsletters.
- Our legitimate interests. We may rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data, provided that such interests are not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights or freedoms. In particular, we may process your personal data in reliance on a legitimate interest in the effective and lawful operation of our businesses, maintenance of our customer relationships, continued relevancy of customer and prospective communications, and the effective delivery of information and services to you. We may have other legitimate interests and, if so, we will make clear what those interests are at the relevant point in time.
- Our legal obligation. We may be required to process your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation arising under applicable law, to which we are subject.
Categories of Personal Data and Sources of Personal Data
We collect or otherwise obtain information relating to you directly from you or through certain third parties described below. Such information may include personal data, i.e., information that alone or in combination with other information identifies or can be reasonably linked to you as an individual.
The information we may collect about you includes the following:
- Information you provide. We may ask you to provide, or you may choose to provide, information, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, professional information (e.g., industry, company, and job title), and geographic location. Such information may be provided to us when you request information about our products, when you engage with us online, or when you register for or attend Evac-hosted or sponsored events. Evac may also collect information about you via online forms on our website, email and newsletter subscriptions, or your other website or social media activity.
Please note that social media sites hosted by a third party other than Evac may also collect information about you. You should review those third parties’ privacy notices to understand how and when they will collect and use your data.
Disclosures of Data and Data Transfers outside the European Union and European Economic Area
For the purposes set out above, we may disclose your information to:
- other entities within the Evac group of companies;
- social media platforms, such as LinkedIn;
- our advertising, marketing and analytics partners;
- other third parties that provide services to us, such as website hosting, IT infrastructure services, and customer service; and
- competent authorities to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests.
Evac may transfer data outside of the European Union (“EU”) and European Economic Area (“EEA”). When data is transferred outside of the EU and EEA, we ensure that there is an appropriate basis for the transfer in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
Evac will keep your personal data for as long as they are needed for the purpose, for which your personal data was collected and processed. The retention periods for your personal data are usually three years from the last communication we have had with you.
Principles of Securing Personal Data
We have put in place appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered, or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those, who have a strict need for processing your personal data. Such parties will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have procedures in place to deal appropriately with any suspected personal data breach and we will notify you and any applicable authority of a breach when it is necessary for light of applicable data protection legislation.
Third-Party Sites and Platforms
Your Rights as a Data Subject
You as a data subject have rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you. You have the following rights:
- Right to request access to your personal data. You have the right to get a confirmation as to whether Evac processes personal data relating to you. If so, you are entitled to receive a copy of the personal data being processed.
- Right to request rectification of inaccurate or incomplete data. You have the right to ask Evac to rectify personal data concerning you. You also have the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
- Right to request erasure. You have the right to ask Evac to delete your personal data in certain situations.
- Right to object to processing based on Evac’s legitimate interests. In cases where the processing of your personal data is based on our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing for such purposes.
- Right to request the restriction of processing of personal data. You have the right to request that Evac restricts the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances. The restriction of processing means that the personal data that is subject to the restriction may, besides from storage, only be processed (i) with your consent; (ii) for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; (iii) for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or (iv) for reasons of important public interest.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to receive the personal data you have personally provided to Evac in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller, if the processing is based on consent, and is carried out by automated means.
- Right to withdraw your consent. If the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you wish to use your above rights as a data subject, please submit your request using the abovementioned contact details.
If you consider that your personal data is not processed in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, you may file a complaint with the Finnish Data Protection Authority or as applicable in your country of residence:
Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman
Street address: Lintulahdenkuja 4 FI-00530 Helsinki, Finland
Postal address: PO Box 800
FI-00531 Helsinki, Finland
Telephone: + 358 29 56 66700