Cathelco marine growth prevention system anodes
Cathelco has developed a range of anodes with mountings which enable them to be installed in the seachests or strainers of almost any type of vessel.
The size of the anodes is determined by the flow rates and their anticipated design life, taking into consideration the scheduled dry docking period.
Detailed drawings are supplied for every ship to assist in installation and ensure that the anodes are positioned for maximum effectiveness in the seawater flow.
The anodes can be installed using a number of mounting arrangements including steel flanges, steel sleeves, nylon mountings and cofferdams.
- Steel pipework – protected by copper and aluminium anodes.
- Cupro-nickel pipework – protected by copper and ferrous anodes.
- Anodes with integral cathodes – used where there is no return path for the current in close proximity. Nano and Omni anodes are examples.
- Seachest mounted anodes – generally installed at newbuilding and are replaced at drydocking.
- Strainer mounted anodes – can be replaced at any time when the vessel is alongside.
- Anodes with dedicated cathode arrangements. Used where strainer bodies are internally lined and the strainer basket is isolated.