Vacuum plumbing system, a smart alternative to traditional evacuations and gravity
While gravity systems are often the conventional choice of plumbing, vacuum plumbing systems are fast challenging the status quo and emerging as a smart and efficient alternative. Vacuum systems collect wastewater in a future-proof way with minimal energy and water consumption.
• The removal of wastewater or liquids through suction from specific interfaces
• Collections are done by a vacuum generating plant through pressure pipes.
• Effluents can be collected before being discharged or treated.
What you get with Evac´s vacuum plumbing system
- Smaller pipes
- Flexibility of being able to transport wastewater around obstacles, overhead or horizontally without a continuous slope
- Eliminates the need for slab penetrations
- No need for lift pump stations with multiple collection points underground
- Non-existent blockages and sedimentation because of high water velocity in vacuum pipe
- Pipe breaches lead to only air leaking in the pipe, instead of wastewater leaking into the room
- Appliances and interfaces do not need vent stacks anymore
Ease of remodelling
- Reduced installation time
- Easier and more economical choice for building conversion, underground installation, store remodeling, or historical building renovation
- Offers more layout options and flexibility while implementing changes, and reduces the need for drilling holes, making it a quicker and more cost-effective affair
Hygiene and water savings
- Up to 90% saving on flushing water compared to a standard toilet
- Our vacuum toilets use only 0.8-1.2 liters/0.3 gal per flush
- More hygienic than traditional toilets — Evac vacuum toilets suck 60 liters/2.1 cft of air per flush
- Reduces airborne mist, significantly increases ventilation
Want to learn more? Download the full guide to vacuum plumbing systems
Armed with the right knowledge, you can make a choice that would not only meet your design goals during construction but also offer you future savings in water, time, and money.
Watch a video introducing benefits of vacuum technology
Vacuum technology has been around for over 40 years now, empowering designers to make bolder and more cost-effective architectural design choices and simplifying construction challenges. Vacuum systems collect wastewater in a future-proof way with minimal energy and water consumption.
Contact us for more information
If you are designing, constructing, and modernizing buildings, we can offer you a smart and efficient solution for drainage systems. Contact us to find out more.
Land-based customer segments
Our vacuum systems provide a reliable, gravity-free wastewater collection for the lifetime of the building. Read more about our offering for different building applications.