Vacuum plumbing system, a smart alternative to traditional evacuations and gravity
While gravity systems are often the conventional choice of plumbing, vacuum plumbing systems are fast challenging the status quo and emerging as a smart and efficient alternative. Vacuum systems collect wastewater in a future-proof way with minimal energy and water consumption.
• The removal of wastewater or liquids through suction from specific interfaces
• Collections are done by a vacuum generating plant through pressure pipes.
• Effluents can be collected before being discharged or treated.
What you get with Evac´s vacuum plumbing system
- Smaller pipes
- Flexibility of being able to transport wastewater around obstacles, overhead or horizontally without a continuous slope
- Eliminates the need for slab penetrations
- No need for lift pump stations with multiple collection points underground
- Non-existent blockages and sedimentation because of high water velocity in vacuum pipe
- Pipe breaches lead to only air leaking in the pipe, instead of wastewater leaking into the room
- Appliances and interfaces do not need vent stacks anymore
Ease of remodelling
- Reduced installation time
- Easier and more economical choice for building conversion, underground installation, store remodeling, or historical building renovation
- Offers more layout options and flexibility while implementing changes, and reduces the need for drilling holes, making it a quicker and more cost-effective affair
Hygiene and water savings
- Up to 90% saving on flushing water compared to a standard toilet
- Our vacuum toilets use only 0.8-1.2 liters/0.3 gal per flush
- More hygienic than traditional toilets — Evac vacuum toilets suck 60 liters/2.1 cft of air per flush
- Reduces airborne mist, significantly increases ventilation
Want to learn more? Download the full guide to vacuum plumbing systems
Armed with the right knowledge, you can make a choice that would not only meet your design goals during construction but also offer you future savings in water, time, and money.
Contact us for more information
If you are designing, constructing, and modernizing buildings, we can offer you a smart and efficient solution for drainage systems. Contact us to find out more.
Land-based customer segments
Our vacuum systems provide a reliable, gravity-free wastewater collection for the lifetime of the building. Read more about our offering for different building applications.